Sunday, October 12, 2014

Strawberry and Blueberry Smoothie Recipe

 Ingredients
·      Frozen Strawberries
·      Frozen Blueberries
·      Fat-Free Light Vanilla Yogurt
·      Ground Flaxseed Meal
·      Skim Milk

Unfortunately, I’m a very picky eater. I don’t like eating fruits or vegetables so I decided to find a way to sneak them into my diet. I searched high and low on the Internet for recipes and this one is by far my favorite. I make this smoothie for breakfast on the weekends and sometimes as a snack during the week.




The first thing I do is pour some frozen strawberries and blueberries into the cup. Frozen is really important because is helps make your smoothie cold and a little frothy. I’m lucky enough to have parents who freeze these every year, but when I run out of those I just buy some from the grocery store.  


Next I add a fat-free light vanilla yogurt. This makes the smoothie creamy and adds some vanilla flavor. Today I used one from the brand, Great Value.


I then add a little bit of ground flaxseed meal. Flaxseed is super healthy for you and is filled with Omega-3 essential fatty acids, which benefits heart health.



And lastly, I add about ½ cup of skim milk.



I blend everything for about two minutes in my NutriBullet pour the smoothie into a glass. 




Let me know if you try this smoothie and leave me your favorite smoothies recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment