Monday, October 6, 2014

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review

I first started using the Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation two years ago. Because I have oily, acne-prone skin I was looking for a foundation that would leave my skin matte, but not cakey. The Double Wear foundation is oil free and lasts for HOURS. The Estée Lauder website says the foundation will last for 15 hours, and I have found this to be true on multiple occasions.

Not only does it do a great job of keeping my skin matte, it does a great job of evening my skin tone and covering acne. I find that I don’t need to re-apply powder throughout the day when wearing this foundation.



How To Apply: I start by pouring a little bit of foundation on the back of my hand. I take my finger and dot the product all around my face and take my Real Techniques Stippling Brush or Sigma Round Kabuki Brush and blend in the foundation. I then add a little bit more to my t-zone and neck to make sure everything is blended in and I don’t have an awful makeup line around my chin! I then apply a light powder to set the foundation.

I really only wear this in the fall and winter months because of the medium coverage.  In my opinion, this foundation is worth the $37 price tag and it has lasted me for a very long time!







“I wanted to see my name in lights, but I was willing to settle for my name on a jar.” – Estée Lauder

2 comments:

  1. I really wanted to try this but the shades weren't great, what shade are you using? I'm quite pale so I don't know if I could get away with it.


    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete