Thursday, August 21, 2014

August Birchbox

 

I have been a subscriber of Birchbox for about two years and I honestly have a love/hate relationship with it. Sometimes the boxes are really great and I love everything in them, but sometimes I don’t like anything in my box. The box is just $10 a month and you can sign up for a monthly subscription at birchbox.com.




The first thing I noticed when I opened my box was a shampoo and conditioner set. The brand is Neil George ($9 each, full size) and was created in Beverly Hills by stylists. I am a hair product addict, so I can’t wait to try these!


The next thing in my box was the Key West Aloe Mango Moisturizing Lotion ($12, full size).  The scent is a little too strong for me, but this lotion makes my hands very soft.



The box also contained the Laura Geller Beauty Cool Lids Cream Eyeshadow ($19, full size) and the nügg Beauty Revitalizing Mask ($15 for a pack of 5), which was my beauty extra. The cream eye shadow is a great texture but it’s really not my favorite color. I would love to try this product in a golden brown color because I don’t think silver looks the best with my skin tone.



I had seen a display of the nügg Beauty masks in Target a few days before opening my box, so I was really excited that this was my beauty extra! This mask says that it revitalizes and plumps tired skin for a radiant look. This mask smells like peppermint and flaxseed (which I put in fruit smoothies) and is clear. The directions said to leave it on for five to ten minutes, so I left it on for eight. After rinsing off the mask, my skin felt very soft and refreshed.

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! I have followed you, maybe you could follow me too? http://melissygoose.blogspot.com/ Thanks for letting me read!

    ReplyDelete