Sunday, April 26, 2015

Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup Review

Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free
Makeup Review

Back in March, I saw a commercial advertising a free gift with purchase from Clinique in Macy’s. I was in need of a new foundation and decided to try one from the brand. After researching, I had a few in mind but the woman helping me at the Clinique counter said that because of my oily skin, the Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup would be my best bet. She color matched me (2 Alabaster) and I got my free gift of two makeup bags, travel sized moisture surge moisturizer, dramatically different moisturizing lotion +, a lipstick/lip gloss duo, a sample mascara and an eye shadow/blush palette. That’s a pretty good free gift!





I apply the foundation by using a beauty blender. I find that this is the best way to apply any foundation. As you can see in the photos, I have some acne and dark acne spots. After applying the foundation the dark acne spots are covered pretty well without using a concealer or powder. I still felt that I should use some concealer and I always use powder to set my foundation.

No Makeup
Applying foundation with a beauty blender
With foundation 
Full Makeup

The website description says, “Tested for streaking and fading at 88°F with a constant 80% humidity, all to prove Stay-Matte stays fresh. At the same time, this patent-pending formula absorbs shine, controls oil, resists sweat. And you stay matte all day.” It hasn’t been very warm or humid where I live yet but the foundation has been proven to be long lasting. I’m going to Florida for ten days in May and will being bringing this foundation and testing it in the high temperatures and humidity!

Full makeup look includes:
Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 Fair Clair
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles in Brightener
Covergirl Read Set Gorgeous Powder Foundation in Fair Clair
NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny
The Balm Frat Boy Blush
MICA Beauty Cosmetics Eye Primer
Anastasia Eye Shadow Palette (travel size)
Urban Decay eye shadow in Darkhorse used as eye liner
L'ORÉAL Voluminous False Fiber Lashes in Blackest Black
Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in 835 Primrose
Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray


Have you tired this foundation in high heat and humidity? How do you like it? What other makeup products should I try from Clinique? Leave me a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment